11/06/2012

Revlon Lip Butters

As always, I'm late on the bandwagon. The Revlon Lipbutters have been out since forever, but I've only had the opportunity to get them lately because they're not out in Italy yet - and God knows when they will! The lovely Adrienne from The Sunday Girl and I did a swap and I received my end consisting of 4 Lipbutters on April 23rd. I normally wouldn't buy 4 lipstick at once, but I feel that LipButters are supposed to be collected rather than just purchased like every other lipstick, if that makes sense! I definitely did the right thing because I love all the four of them, but now I promised myself not to buy lip products for a while.. I own too many and I never get to use them because most of them are bold colours, so for I'll try to keep myself from buying more.

Photobucket

Anyway, the LipButters I chose are Berry Smoothie, Peach Parfait, Macaroon and Raspberry Pie. When I opened the package, I was afraid I'd bought shades too similar to each other because the caps looked all the same! Luckily, I was wrong; they're all different from each other :)

Photobucket

I decided to get Peach Parfait this mainly because of the name - if you've been following this blog for a while, you probably know that I love peaches! Anyway, this lipstick doesn't show up much on my pigmented lips at first, but after applying 2 or 3 layers it looks peachy pink and packed with golden glitters. Perfect for this time of the year!

Photobucket

Raspberry Pie is the most beautiful of all four colour-wise. It's a sheer burgundy colour and unlike the others, it doesnt have glitters in it. I already own a lipstick similar to this in the shade but a bit more matte in the finish, and I think I'll get to use the Lip Butter more because of its sheerness.

Photobucket

Berry Smoothie is not as glittered as Peach Parfait or Macaroon, so it looks much more natural. On my lips it looks a bit more pink than on the bullet; it's the perfect colour for an effortless, natural but not boring look. I've been using it all May just to go out and I've been loving it! It needs quite frequent reapplication (every 3-4 hours, depending on what you do of course), but I don't mind because it's like reapplying a lipbalm: I enjoy it :)

Photobucket

The last one is Macaroon. I got this partly because of the name (I love macarons) and partly because it's only sold in the UK. And of course because I liked the shade! It's a bit darker than Berry Smoothie, and tending on a brownish shade.
One of the things I love the most about LipButters is their packaging, it's so sweet!
Yes, I got these because everyone was talking about them. But I trust the internet and people and I thought that if hundreds of girls like these, there must be a reason. And in this case, there are several: first of all the many lovely shades the LipButters come in; second, the moisturizing effect they give; the nice, handy packaging; and lastly, the affordable price. Would I purchase these again? Yes, I would. And I will as soon as my no lipstick-buy period is over!





Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. wow, so beautiful`s.

    http://beautyshinewoman.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete