18/06/2012

L'Oréal Rouge Caresse in Rebel Red

Photobucket

Ever since I tried the Revlon Lip Butters I've been looking for similar products that are easier to get in my country and possibly cheaper. I had heard lots about the Rouge Caresses by L'Oreal being compared to the Lip Butters, so I decided to test out one as soon as I could (I even broke my lip products shopping ban, sigh)

Photobucket

The Rouge Caresses are on the same price range as the Lip Butters, that means about 7-8€. But I got my Lip Butters in a swap from the UK. If I bought them here in Italy, I would have paid about 14€ for them! Revlon is not so "drugstore" here! Plus, it's much harder to get than L'Oréal. I only know of one shop that sells Revlon, and it's 30min away from my town. Strange, no?
Packaging wise, I think the Lip Butters are one of the prettiest make-up items I've ever seen, so the Rouge Caresses don't compare. The gold detail in the center is nice, but the bullet is just too plasticky. It's not unpractical or anything, just not that pretty.

Photobucket

For my first Rouge Caresse I chose the shade Rebel Red, that is a bright corally red. It feels just like a lipbalm when you apply it, and it's just as moisturizing. Although having a sheer finish, it's quite pigmented and it shows vividly on my pigmented lips. I love the fact that it hasn't got any glitter in it, unlike most of the Lip Butters I own! It makes it much more natural. Being basically a lipbalm, it doesn't have the best staying power; you might want to reapply it every two hours or so.

Photobucket

I am very pleased with this product! I think it's perfect for summer. I'm definitely going to get more shades :)




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely shade of red! Plus points for the packaging! :)

    http://angeldiamante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete