10/07/2014

Rimmel Hydra Renew Lipstick in 'Latino'

 Rimmel Hydra Renew Lipstick in Latino | Le Petit Faon

There's not a single time I go into a beauty shop and I don't take a look at the Rimmel stand - I have always loved their products, and actually my first ever make-up product was one of their tube lipglosses ages ago! The latest addition to my Rimmel collection is the Hydra Renew Lipstick in the shade 'Latino', a very intense corally pink that's just a bit brighter than the colour of my own lips. 

I fell in love with it right when I swatched it: the texture is extremely creamy and it glides effortlessly onto the lips. It has a frosty finish, but don't be scared - it won't make you look like you just got out of a 90's-early 2000's photoshoot. On the contrary, I think it's what it makes this lipstick so nice. It makes my lips look more plump and 'highlighted' - I don't know how it makes my whole face look more glowy, but it does! 
    
The Rimmel Hydra Renew Lipstick in Latino is on the sheer side, but it can be built to full opacity. Sometimes I like to wear just a light layer of it, sometimes I want a more bold effect and I think it works wonderfully both ways. It has a staying power of 3-4 hours, after which it starts to fade evenly and it doesn't leave any glittery patches. 

It's the perfect lipstick for Summer in my opinion (it smells like sun-tan lotion too!) - it will look gorgeous with bronzed skin. You can get it pretty inexpensively on Amazon for $8,99.

Have you ever tried any lipstick from the Rimmel Hydra Renew line? What do you think about them?

 photo Sw1_zps225c7d58.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment