16/11/2012

The Beauty Blogger tag

Hello everybody! I was scrolling my Blogger feed earlier and I stumbled upon this post on Beauty and Baggage. I thought the questions were fun so here are my answers! I hope you enjoy!

petit faon

Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
Well, I'm a blogger since 2005! I actually had a fashion blog before Le Petit Faon which I opened in 2010, but my inspiration to keep it sort of faded during 2012. I opened this blog in May 2011.

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
That's a very hard question! I was following lots of nail blogs last year, but I think the blog I admired the most (and still admire) is LLYMLRS and her beauty blog ETCLLYMLRS.

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product your bought and was it worth the hype?
It might have been the Revlon Lip Butters (very late, I know) who definitely were worth it, or maybe Chanel Le Vernis nail polish in 505 Particulière.. which definitely wasn't.

What are your five favourite things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?
I love discovering new products, testing them out and sharing my opinion with others; I love taking care of my blog and making little improvements day by day; I love the fact that blogging made me able to meet beautiful people, both inside and out.

What have you learned from being a beauty blogger?
I learned that I have to be very careful with everything I say! :)

Have you changed anything since being a beauty blogger?
Of course! Last year I knew 10% about make-up and skincare compared to what I know now. And I'm still learning! I have, of course, a bigger make-up collection and a different make-up routine.

What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?
It's all about the content of your blog. If you make good, in-depth reviews, and if the overall appearance of your blog is nice, followers will come. Never give up - blogging is fun :)

Name your top five beauty brands.
I really don't have a favourite brand because I like trying products from different brands, but if I had to choose they would be Maybelline, Majolica Majorca, Kiko, Urban Decay, Deborah.

Your favorite eyeshadow palette?
My Urban Decay Rollergirl palette or my Inglot customised one. I'm still waiting the Naked 2! ;)

The best beauty deal?
I often get discontinued Dior and Chanel lip or nail products from little beauty shops in my town for very low prices.

Makeup Regrets?
I was quite disappointed with the Estée Lauder Daywear moisturizer and a Lioele Real Vivid Matte lipstick which completely didn't go well with my complexion.

Recommend your top five beauty products.
1) Chanel Vitamlumière Aqua foundation - it gives the skin a wonderful glow, makes the pores appear smaller and imperfection less evident.
2) Tarte Lip Surgence lipsticks - they're practical, pigmented and they come in lots of shades. Too bad I can only get them online!
3) L'Oréal Rouge Caresse in Rebel Red - so moisturizing! And for once, a nice drugstore lipstick that's not glittered :)
4) Bottega Verde Matita occhi intensa in Perla Oro - super inexpensive but so good. Perfect for highlighting the inner corner of the eye.
5) MAC Studio Finish concealer - despite this being in a pot (and that's super unsanitary), it's the only concealer I've tried that manages to cover my blemishes almost perfectly. It's a bit too heavy for the under-eye area, but for spots it's great.

Tag other beauty bloggers to do this post!
I tag every one of you! :)

2 comments:

  1. ....hi dear...I really love vitalumiere chanel ^^
    what do you think to follow each other?? ^^
    I'll wait for you on my blog...
    kiss and have an happy day
    vendy

    NEW POST
    follow me on:
    the simple life of rich people blog
    instagram @ thesimplelifeofrichpeople

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love tag posts :)
    Thanks for all your recommendations!

    Sarah x
    sarahloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete