04/07/2012

Essence Colour & Shine Eyeshadows: Jungle Fever, Stage Beauty

Last week I finally managed to go to the only store near my town that carries Essence products! It's a nice alternative to Kiko, my low cost make-up brand of choice. I was absolutely impressed with two of the three eyeshadows that I got. I usually wear no other colours than neutrals and golds on my eyes, so I immediately spotted these two amazing shades. They're part of the Colour & Shine collection, which includes nine baked eyeshadows with a marbleized effect. I absolutely adore baked make-up so I just had to get these! :D 
Jungle Fever is my favourite one out of the two. It's the most gorgeous gold with dark green and red flecks, that would look amazing paired with a matte brown or black. Stage Beauty, on the other hand, is a more classic champaigny gold; both of them are very shimmery.
The best way to use these is probably to wet the brush and then proceed to the application, otherwise you can expect glitter fallouts and quick fading. 
The only thing that I don't like about the Colour & Shines would be the packaging - it's too plasticky and clearly cheap. As far as I can see, the eyeshadows aren't even placed in a metallic pot but directly in the plastic packaging, so they can't be depotted. But then they wouldn't be so unexpensive - I got them for just €3,49! What do you think about them?

Photobucket
Jungle Fever, Stage Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment