23/06/2012

H&M Hibiscus & Get Into The Party

Have you ever tried H&M's cosmetics? Although sometimes attracted by their bright packaging and low prices, I have always been a bit reluctant to try them. I know, lots of brands sell good make-up ingredients-wise for cheap, but I don't think that's the case with H&M. I own quite a few of their nail polishes and they are ok - for some reason using cheap products on my nails doesn't scare me so much as using them on my face, probably because my skin has so many issues. I would never, ever use one of their foundations or powders or eyeshadows. 
Last time I went to my local shopping center looking for a Summer lipgloss, though, I decided to skip the Kiko (affordable prices for acceptable quality) counter and give H&M's beauty section a try. I chose two lip products from their Summer collection. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hibiscus comes in the ugliest, most unpractical cardboard packaging. I got this for less than €4 (can't  remember the actual price) just because I wanted to see what it looked like. I found out that it's a pretty intense red with a creamy consistency and a satin finish. It applied very easily as well. If only it came in a less cheap looking tube, it would have been a very very nice product for its price!

Photobucket

The other item I purchased was a lipgloss in Get Into The Party. I was attracted by the packaging first of all: it almost looks expensive, haha! It reminded me of Majolica Majorca, I don't know why.  Get Into The Party is a richly glittered fuschia lipgloss. It's not very pigmented, but it manages to give a hint of colour on the lips. Another thing about this lipgloss is that it has a heavy Watermelon scent that could not everyone's cup of tea. It's almost sickening in fact.
I like how both products look on their own, but I think the best way to wear them is together!
I wouldn't certainly recommend these to someone who's looking for red lip products, especially if they have more than €5 to spend. But if you have never tried a red lip and you just want to see how it looks on you, maybe getting Hibiscus is a good start.



Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I have never tired H&M comsetics. Love the lipstick shade!

    ReplyDelete